Sunday, February 24, 2008

9 down, 43 to go.

Special thanks to my TNT friends Pam, Dawne and Amanda. After each running 13 miles yesterday, they were happy to meet me for a section of my weekly "marathon." They stayed with me for the first 10 miles.

But for the last 16, I was on my own. For reasons I will now explain, this run felt really, really long. I woke up about 8 am. Probably a little late for me. Whenever I "sleep in" I always feel groggy. But I got up, ate a small breakfast (didn't want to eat too much before a run, I thought), and did a little work (work work). Then I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and thought I was ready. But immediately upon starting, I could tell I was already hungry. Add this hunger to starting at 1:10 pm (so the run took all afternoon and I finished just before dark) and the run felt really, really long. Just mentally challenging.

But I finished. 4:32:00. 9 down, 43 to go.

Worth noting, the reason I chose to run this afternoon is because the temperature was supposed to be beautiful sunny and 50's. Again, forecast was for little wind and just a beautiful afternoon. Of course, contrary to forecast, it snowed about 2 inches last night, and temperatures never got out of the 30's. Very, very cold south wind. I sometimes hate (a) weathermen and (b) Kansas.

No comments: