Wednesday, June 11, 2008

24 down, 28 to go!

I didn't plan real well this week, which left me with little time to run my weekly marathon. Today, I headed out of work an hour or so early and made it to the gym by 5:15, just in time to pick out a treadmill under a fan. That is really the best I could ask for.

I employed a strategy of variation, something that you normally don't get on a treadmill. Each mile I would adjust the incline/decline by 1%, going from -2% to 2%. This kept it interesting, but also wore me out.

I lost a ton of water sweating. I drank 2 bottles in the first 20 miles. Then in the last 6 miles (and in the 5 minutes afterwards), I drank 4 more bottles. I was dying!

All in all 4:01. Not too bad. Legs felt good. But I was really really hungry and thirsty. Looking back on the day, a small yogurt for breakfast, a small salad for lunch, and not enough fluids all day. A recipe for disaster. But disaster avoided. Luckily, Jennifer had a very large water and 2 pizzas waiting for me when I got home. I tore that pizza up!

No comments: