Tuesday, June 17, 2008

25 down, 27 to go!

I woke up at 3:15, ready for a 3:45 marathon start time. I actually felt good getting up and getting going this morning. I helps to just get up and go, as opposed to snoozing and putting it off.

I headed out for a 11 mile loop (actually, 5.5 out and 5.5 back). Out with my reflective vest and my headlamp. Still pretty dark. I stopped by the house to refill fluids. Doing very well. Holding a 9 min/mile pace.

The second 11 felt just as good. Temperature was in the mid 60's but the humidity wasn't all that bad. Keeping up with my 9 min/mile pace.

Stopped off for a bathroom break at about mile 19, which caused me to add in a mile or so.

So with only 4 miles to go, I stopped at a local fire station to refill fluids. Headed back out to finish up the run.

Really, really felt good. Really felt like I could have gone 35 or 40 miles without a problem. That's a good feeling. 3:58:54.

I was at work by 9:00 a.m. Not a bad morning.

25 down, 27 to go.

No comments: