Saturday, June 28, 2008

26 down, 26 to go (yes, that's half way)!

Today I actually was able to join the TNT team for a Saturday training run. Met a couple of coaches for 5 miles before the team run. But when the team run was supposed to start, a huge thunderstorm came through and forced us to cancel the team run. But a few of us braved 7 miles before a second storm hit. We all quickly packed up and left.

But with my marathon streak on the line, I had to keep going. But I was smart enough to drive to a nearby gym and finish the last 14 miles on a treadmill.

Had a great run. On the treadmill I began at 7 mph, and picked up .1 for the next 12 miles. At mile 24, I added .1 mph every 1/2 mile, picking it up to 9.2 over the last 1/2 mile or so.

Felt great all the way through. The pace change really felt great. But I can't wait to actually make it through a team run.

26 marathons down, 26 to go. 3:53:09.

No comments: