Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Having failed to run this morning, my typical Tuesday stair routine would have to be changed to make sure I could get in my daily 4 mile run. I arrived at the stadium in plenty of time to get 4 miles in, plus 15 sets of stairs - that is, until I realized I forgot my shoes. Home I went. By the time I got back, the rain was coming down. This helped greatly with the temperature, but not much with the confidence on the stairs. I slowed down. I ran one mile, did 5 sets of stairs, another mile, 5 sets of stairs, another mile, 3 sets of stairs (needed to get the rest of the 4 miler in as the stadium was quickly closing), and the rest of my run. Not a bad workout. Legs felt pretty solid. Slowing down and not peaking the heart rate in the 180's makes you feel better all over.

No comments: