Saturday, July 12, 2008

Run called short with lightening

Laura and I planned to meet for a 10 mile run before meeting the TNT group at 6 am. We weren't planning on running fast, and Laura needed to set out the coolers before the team run, so we met at 3:45 am. We got the first 10 miles in, but noticed that lightening was quickly approaching. Despite everyone showing and preparing to run, we had to call the run due to lightening. Pretty frustrating. But this was an easy day for me, so not a big deal. Actually, I was back in bed by 6:45. Not many can say they had run 10 miles, waited an hour after, and was still in bed by 6:45 am.

Woke up an hour or so later. Did some chores. Still made it to an 11:00 a.m. 30 mile ride with some friends. I was a little nervous about this as I haven't been riding. But it went very well.

No comments: