Monday, April 14, 2008

This is weird, even to me.

Last week I bought a new pair of racing flats online. They were delivered Thursday. Having not yet run in them, I decided to give them a shot. The way I train in racing flats is to "race." If I am going to run slow, I'll wear trainers. If I want to get my feet used to the racing flats, I'll run fast.

So I went out fast. The first mile at 6:40 or so felt rough. I could tell that I had a couple of marathons on my legs, but honestly the muscles felt great. A little bit of impact pain only. So I pushed on and increased my pace. Mile 2 at 6:28. Still feeling good. Mile 3, 6:15. I am now 3 miles in and a sub 6:30 pace. Can i hold that pace for the last mile and for the first time break 26 minutes for a 4 miler? I push on. Mile 4 was tough. I sprinted in that 1/8 of a mile. Last mile time, 5:52. Total time 25:18!

New P.R. And I set it after running 2 marathons in the past 2 days. That is weird.

No comments: