Sunday, May 4, 2008

19 down, 33 to go: Lincoln Marathon


Today was "marathon" 19 of the year, and real marathon 6 of the year. The morning was great. Temperature in the 40's forecast in the 60's. I'm actually feeling pretty good. I can tell I am not fully recovered from last weekend's double marathon, but still not feeling bad.

I had planned on a 3:30 day. Jennifer was running marathon 6 of her career (and 2nd of the year), and she was pacing for a 4:45. I decided to run this one on my own.

I headed out at a solid 8 min/mile pace. Feeling good through mile 16 or so. Mile 18 started feeling pretty rough. Not really feeling exceptionally bad, but obviously not feeling recovered. Heart rate wasn't that high, but just didn't have the energy in the legs. I slowed. Not trying to PR, so there was no need to cause myself any unnecessary pain. I slowed to 8:30's and 9's.

The last mile I decided to stretch the legs back out. 7:45 or so the last mile. Final time, 3:36:21.


Jennifer did well. She came in at around 4:40. I got my first massage ever while I waited on her. It really didn't feel to bad, but didn't have great impact. I think she needed to go a little harder.

All in all, a good day. I felt well when I was done, but still felt like I ran a solid race.

Very proud of Jennifer. 6 marathons is excellent, and 2 marathons in 4 months is even better!

No comments: