Friday, May 23, 2008

Rained Out

3:30 a.m. Yes, a.m. That's what time I was supposed to meet my friend Laura for a morning marathon.

I set the alarm for 2:45. When I woke up, I immediately headed to the computer to check the radar. We have had some serious storms lately. Not good ones either. So I knew today had a risk of cancellation.

Sure enough, severe thunderstorm warnings in the two counties southwest of me. Storms heading northwest. They were set to hit around 3:45 and would easily stick around for an hour or so. So the run had to be canceled. It just isn't worth the risk of running in the thunderstorm, especially at 3:30 a.m. At that time, if it got bad, where would we go?

Sure enough, after I canceled, the storms hit. Heavy winds, heavy rain, and much lightening.

So instead, I slept in. I headed outside for an easy 4 mile run that evening.

No comments: