Sunday, May 18, 2008

50 mile bike ride and a 4 mile run.

I signed up several weeks ago for a 50 mile bike ride with my friend Chris. We didn't train, although we had good intentions to do so. But at the last minute, he left town (changed jobs and took a vacation). So I was on my own.

My longest ride of the year was 20 miles (I think I got a 20 mile ride in). I was confident that my legs could make it, but I wasn't sure of my shoulders, my neck, my back, and . . . my butt. Those areas always take some conditioning.

I started off with the TNT cycling team. We stayed together for the first 25 miles or so. The legs were feeling pretty good. But the butt was already hurting.

At 25 miles, the TNT team left me for the 100 mile route. I would be on my own for the next 25, which would be fine as I could pick up the pace a little. With the wind at my back (as light as it was), I really flew through the last 25.

Just under 3 hours, 50 miles. Pretty happy with that and the legs feel pretty good.

Fast forward 6 hours. 4 mile run with Jennifer. Pace was good and slow. Legs still sore from the 30 miler yesterday.

No comments: