Sunday, January 27, 2008

5 down, 47 to go.

A beautiful day in Kansas. 35 degrees at 8:00 am (the start) and 50 degrees by noon. But those not from Kansas may not appreciate the Kansas wind, making a beautiful day uniquely Kansas.

I started at 8:00 am with a fairly good sized group, most of which were from my TNT group. We ran 7 as a group and dropped off two runners (great job Peggy on your longest run this year) and headed back out for a couple more.

"Then there were two," my wife says to me. She was out for a 20 miler in final preparation for the Austin Marathon in three weeks. We stayed together and ran well through the 20 mile mark. I then continued 6.2 more miles to the house.

Total time as 4:38. Not incredibly fast. Figure 4:30ish without the long stops when we dropped runners off. Felt great. Felt great afterwards. Feels even better that I am nearly 10% towards my goal.

No comments: