Saturday, January 5, 2008

Final TNT Run before P.F. Chang's


Today I had my final run of the Winter 2007-08 TNT season. I have been a coach with the Kansas Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society now for about a year, and have really enjoyed helping others achieve a lifetime (and life changing) goal of running a marathon or half-marathon.

So today was our "taper run" of 10-13 miles before next weekend's events (P.F Chang's and Disney). The run went very well. Most of the ice had cleared off, so the roads weren't too bad. I opted for the shorter 10 miles because the other coaches wanted to get in their 13 (oddly most of our coaches are actually participants in next weekend's runs). And frankly 10 worked well for me so I could "rest" before tomorrow's 2nd marathon of the year.

The run went well. Little to report. My legs felt a little heavy, but all together not a bad morning. And I couldn't have asked for better weather for January!
I'm very proud of our participants. They will all do so well.

No comments: