Thursday, January 3, 2008

My other goals...

So the day after a marathon is always interesting. I wake up usually feeling fine. But sitting at work all day makes me tighten up quite a bit. So getting out to run at some point in the day is always the best relief.

I got on the treadmill about about 5:30 p.m. Can I just say that I hate new years? It seems that everyone's resolution is to "work out more" which only means that for the first few weeks of January the gyms are packed (which also means no free machines, no parking and hot temperatures in the gym). I sucked it up and got my daily 4 miles. Started slow at 9:30 pace, but picked it up to 7:30 pace by the end to "stretch out." Felt great.

So one of my non-running goals for the year is still basically "running." I want to enter and complete several triathlons this year, including (my goal) to enter and complete a half-iron distance event. So in the pool I go after my run. For the year I would like to hit 100 miles or more. That means I need to build from my 500 yard swim session to somewhere closer to a mile per swim. I made it through 750 yesterday, which I consider a success. Only 99 2/3 miles to go!

No comments: