Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Finally, a morning run.

So I get lazy. I make great plans to get up in the morning to run before work. But generally, I roll over and go back to bed. To my defense, I am running a lot. I enjoy my extra sleep. But I think I do function better with less than 8 hours. So this morning, after about 5 minutes of complaining, I got up an accompanied Jennifer and Pavlov on a 4 mile run. Jennifer did great this morning, really picking up the pace. I think we finished in about 38 minutes, which is pretty good considering the final mile was a cool-down (which wasn't hard to do with the cold north wind this morning).

I'm feeling pretty rested. I am getting very excited about this weekend and my upcoming TNT marathon. My brother, Greg, is getting excited as well, but I think is a little nervous. He says it is in respect for the event and distance. I say: "The cool thing about a marathon is that it demands respect. The really cool thing about a team-in-training marathon is that it puts that "respect" into perspective."

It will be a great weekend. The weather looks great. The coarse is flat. And it will be very exciting to support Greg along the way.

No comments: