Friday, January 11, 2008

Arriving in Phoenix

Today I traveled to Phoenix for the P.F. Chang's Rock n' Roll marathon. We left Wichita at around 7 a.m. and arrived in Phoenix just before noon. Went to the race expo and found a couple of good deals (I am generally only looking for good deals on shoes, gu, etc. and don't get too hyped up on the event merchandise).

After the expo, headed back to the hotel. As I (a) need to get in my daily 4 miler and (b) needed to scout the area, I headed out for a run. My brother came along, intending only to do 2 or 3 miles. We headed around looking for good locations to eat, and can I just say that I was incredibly disappointed in downtown Phoenix. Little life, especially on weekends. So after losing that battle, we stopped back by the race expo (had to pick up something from the Polar vendor) and finished our 4 miler.

Run went smoothly - nice, flat and cool.

No comments: