Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spin-and-run

This morning I made my first real effort at cycling. A friend of mine from high school, Chris, bought a bike this past fall and wants to do a century ride this year. So, he joined the local YMCA and he and I have agreed to meet for a Tues.-Thurs. spinning class each week. Today, lets just say he didn't have a good day. About 20 minutes into class, he quickly left his bike, grabbed his items, and took off without saying anything. I wasn't sure what the issue was. But after class when I saw him I figured it it. He learned a valuable lesson: no cheerios before class.

After a good 45 minute workout on the spin bike, I hopped on the treadmill for a 30 minute 4-miler (i.e., average pave of 7:30, but progressively cranked it up). Good day in all.

No comments: