Sunday, January 20, 2008

Will I ever get off my 4 mile funk?

For absolutely no reason, I refused to run more than 4 miles today. Yes, I have a slight cold coming on. Yes, I had some housework to do. But dammit, there is no reason that I only ran 4 miles today.

It is a little odd that I say this. The reason the entire "steak" (17 months this coming Monday) was because I could get into a steady routine and was missing more days running that I was making. So I made myself run 3 miles every day for a month as "punishment." Well, that stuck and come January 1, 2007, I upped my daily run to 4 miles, because I was spending too many days "just doing 3 miles." At one point last year for about a month, I upped it again to 5 miles. I decided that was a little much (it was tough for "recovery" days and it was tough on days when my schedule was tight). So back I am to 4 miles, and back to "just doing the minimum" funk.

Maybe next week I will try to get 1 or 2 longer runs in....

No comments: