Monday, January 21, 2008

So I am not alone

Is craziness learned or does it "run" in the family? Today I learned that my brother has decided to try to complete one marathon distance run every month for a year. I could not be more thrilled. Can he do it? You bet. Can we complete our goals together? I hope. I will try to keep up-to-date on each of his "marathons" (again, like me, he is considering doing unofficial runs when schedules so demand) and post comments here. Hopefully we can work another spring marathon together.

Ninety-nine percent of the time the day-after (a marathon) run makes me feel much better. Well, odds were in my favor today. I spent the entire day moaning and feeling sorry for myself: "I feel awful, my legs hurt, I must be really injured, can't I just rest...." But tonight I hopped on the treadmill (after some good stretching) and I felt great! Each mile got better. Mile 1 was at 9:00 min/mile pace; Mile 2 at a 8:30 pace; Mile 3 8:30 -8:00 pace; and Mile 4 at a 7:30-6:30 pace for 3/4 miles, followed by a cooldown. 33 minutes total and I feel much better. Lets try stretching again tomorrow, and I bet it helps.

No comments: