Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Preparing for Phoenix

I am getting very excited about this weekends marathon in Phoenix. The experience of a TNT marathon is difficult to describe. The race becomes very much secondary to the cause - fighting blood cancers. On the day before the race, all the TNT participants and their families will gather for a huge dinner/presentation/pep rally. I will chose not to describe that event, as I would rather you experience it for yourself. Lets just say it gets your mind in the right place before the run.

My run today was uneventful. Just another 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym at 6:00 p.m. Again, I voice my complaint of the heat. According to my Polar, it was 81 degrees. They didn't even have the fans on. But I survived. Managed a 1000 yard swim afterwards.

No comments: